Second Skin Audio

Skar EVL-18's sealed enclosure question..

They recommend 3.0 ft^3 after displacement. The issue I'm having is, I don't want to build an enclosure that looks goofy in my G-body. It will sit in the rear seat location, seat removed. I want the enclosure to fill most of the area, under window. My total after displacement is 9.25, which will be 3+ more than recommended. I want it to be as flat as possible so I can listen to everything. What do you guys recommend? Will it fly as is or should I figure out how to make the space smaller.. 3 cubes seems small for the 18, but then again not sure thats why I ask..

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

4 hours ago, sri3850341 said:

It will sit in the rear seat location, seat removed. I want the enclosure to fill most of the area, under window. My total after displacement is 9.25, which will be 3+ more than recommended. I want it to be as flat as possible so I can listen to everything. What do you guys recommend? Will it fly as is or should I figure out how to make the space smaller.. 3 cubes seems small for the 18, but then again not sure thats why I ask..

I dunno man the EVL is a low note monster, I cant imagine it playing very flat in any enclosure.  It reminds me of the SP4 in a huge box with a port.  Likes the lows.

And, you dont have to build the enclosure to max dims. Build a 4cf enclosure and beauty panel/cover/ fill in the rest. Just because you have 400 cubes available doesnt mean you MUST use. Or, build it to 9cf and use 2 drivers. A billion options out there 

4 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

And, you dont have to build the enclosure to max dims. Build a 4cf enclosure and beauty panel/cover/ fill in the rest. Just because you have 400 cubes available doesnt mean you MUST use. Or, build it to 9cf and use 2 drivers. A billion options out there 

this is for 2 drivers..

07 mote carlo..

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

6 hours ago, Gunnem said:

I dunno man the EVL is a low note monster, I cant imagine it playing very flat in any enclosure.  It reminds me of the SP4 in a huge box with a port.  Likes the lows.

What 18 isn't a lowend monster?? Win ISD shows it pretty flat from 40 up.. Not sure how Accurate Win ISD is but the graph looks pretty good for what my goals are..

07 mote carlo..

On 7/28/2018 at 3:09 PM, sri3850341 said:

Not sure how Accurate Win ISD is but the graph looks pretty good for what my goals are..

Not very once you put it in a car

Archived