Second Skin Audio

Center Console Build

Planning to build a center console box for my 96 c1500 single cab. Rest of the build is coming along as well. Door components will consist of CT Sounds Strato. Rears will possibly be a set of DD 4" Coaxials or CT Sounds Strato 4" Coaxials. Deciding on 2 sub brands at this point. Planning to run 3 8's in an aeroport and 700-800 rms to each sub. I'm wanting to keep it "budget" so I've dialed it down to either the DD 608's which I'm local to DD so I can get them fairly easy. Or another possible candidate is the Massive Audio Hippo 8's which as a tad cheaper. Plan to have big 3 and most likely an aftermarket alt or D3400/3100. Will either sub be past its limits on 7-800 rms daily? Not looking for numbers but something that gets pretty loud and low (30 hertz). Any input as well on other brands to consider but I think these are my top options.

th eonly otehr I would consider is the SA-8. they should all perform in the right enclosure. Not sure how much room you have but you might run into issues fitting the right sized aero(s) if the enclosure is small.

Archived