Sonic Electronix

Connecting 3 amplifiers to 4 subwoofers?

Is it possible to connect 3 Deaf Bonce Apocolyspe 7500.1 amps to 4 Fi Team subs and have all 4 woofers getting equal power? I know that you can't strap more than 2 amps together so how would I go about connecting all the amps to the subwoofers? I haven't bought the amps yet so if its not possible to use the 7500s then should i either run 4 Deaf Bonce Apocolyspe 5500.1s and connect each amp to each woofer or have two sets of strapped amps? Honestly I'd rather get the 3 7500s since the dollar per watt is less but if I have to pay extra and get 4 5500s then I will.

Why not just use two of the 7500s?    The difference between 15,000W and 20,000W real world would be <1dB and inaudible.   If you're chasing 10ths you could probably invest your money better into going up to 18V (assuming those amps will take it) or otherwise beefing up your electrical system.  You really can't over do it on electrical upgrades.

6 hours ago, hispls said:

Why not just use two of the 7500s?    The difference between 15,000W and 20,000W real world would be <1dB and inaudible.   If you're chasing 10ths you could probably invest your money better into going up to 18V (assuming those amps will take it) or otherwise beefing up your electrical system.  You really can't over do it on electrical upgrades.

I already have quite a beefy electrial and have plans for another alternator. Don't think I can fit anymore batteries in my rig unless I went lithium. Always thought about going to 16/18v but not really sure the best way to connect all the negatives to keep it seperate from the normal 12v system.

8 hours ago, alex912005 said:

Don't think that's possible. Your number of coils has to be a multiple of your number of amps. You have 8 coils and 3 amps. If you had 12 coils, or 6 coils it would have worked. Either run only 2 of the 7500s or get another one and run 4, or 4 5500s

I will keep this information in mind. Thanks.

Archived