Second Skin Audio

Box Design Help

schwarzl

Ok, I got a good deal on a XFL15 so I picked it up. I'm looking at trying to get 2 15's squeezed into the trunk of my 2006 Jetta. I am going to have the subs firing into the cabin and port through the deck by the rear window. Can someone double check that my design will work out and that I filled the info out correctly on the Torres Calculator. I will also add an awesome image that I hand sketch so that you can get the idea of what's going on with my box design on how I am thinking of running the port.

15s.png

Ok thanks. And in the picture I drew up, the port is in the middle of the box coming down to the bottom turning into an L and running along the bottom of the box. Are those measurements correct that I have written down? Although I think the bottom should be 4.25" instead of 5 because of the 3/4" top piece that the port runs through. 

Torres calculates the port length down the centerline of the port. the physical port length is the total length of the pieces of wood used.

14 hours ago, bmwking said:

change common ports walls to 3 for a slot port

As drawn, with port in the middle of the box not touching any walls it would be 0 maybe 1 for the back part but would not make  a drastic difference. he woul dbe better off having the port on a wall instead of in the middle.

Archived