Sonic Electronix

Did i tune my SD4000.1 right?

I just put in a Soundigital 4000.1 evo. There is very little info on how to tune these so i winged it. I am hoping someone here has some knowledge to tell me if i am leaving some power on the floor or that i am OK in my procedure. first i used the  40hz-15 track on the amore engineering dd-1 CD. i used the distortion light on the amp as a guide. turned the hpf all the way down to 5hz and turned the lpf down to 80hz. Got a clean signal as loud as i could go one the test track then turned the gain on the amp, i didn't turn very much before distortion right around 1/4. Does this sound about right?

Procedure seems right to me. How far your gain is turned is completely dependent on the RCA input voltage, so a 1/4 sounds perfectly reasonable. It just means you have a high RCA input voltage. What head unit do you have?

Unless the Brazilian style amps don't work with the DD-1?? 

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i have one of the first edition dd1's  it doesn't like the brazillian amps from my experience. i don't know if they've changed them since i got one. the head unit is a jvc exad 800 i think the voltage from the unit is pretty hot. thanks for your response.

Archived