Sonic Electronix

Ohms and resistance. 3 d4 subs close to 1 ohm?

I'm curious how close to 1 ohm I can get with 12dvc d4s. Straight parallel I get.  Straight series I get. But when I start mixing the two I get confused.

If I parallel the first two all the way I end at 1 ohm.  If I add a third, parallel to itself but then series to the other 2, does that put me at 1.25 ohms?  Is there a formula that can be used for mixing and matching series and parallel?  I read somewhere that the last sub that's in series would see less power.  Is this true or would they still split it evenly.  Thanks in advance for the help.   

• 2 weeks later...

each sub would have a single resistance of 8 ohms then divide that by 3 not 6. just wire it down to .67, your amp should be able to handle that if it's a 1 ohm stable amp.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

U better have a HO Alternator and batteries at .6 cause your electrical is gonna take a pounding and if it can’t handle it your amp will probably blow.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

4 hours ago, Ron36 said:

U better have a HO Alternator and batteries at .6 cause your electrical is gonna take a pounding and if it can’t handle it your amp will probably blow.

Yeah. I have a 250 and an extra battery.  I'd probably go with the 2 ohm load and get a bigger amp.  I have the xtr 2500 and it gets hot enough at 1 ohm.  I have fans but .67 ohms sounds scary.  Haha

Archived