Sonic Electronix

Surely This Cannot Be! HELP!

Okay so first I guess I'll start with my setup (How it stands right now)
2 MTX Terminator Enclosures, (4 subs total) wired to 2 ohms each.
1 Rockford R500X1.d powering one of the enclosures
1 Planet Audio AC1500.1m Powering the other
The 2 Enclosures are held together by the amp rack on one side and a board on the other
As both enclosures are wedges they teeter back and forth and are absolutely unacceptable.
Both of the Enclosures are roughly 2.3 Cubic Feet Sealed.

SO The Question! I am thinking of Reboxing all 4 of them together in one box, I am planning on wiring them 2 by 2 like they are in the enclosures and running them to the Amps the same way. With The RF Powering one set, and the PA powering the Other Set. Now, the MTX Website says that the TN12-04 takes 1.25 Cubic Feet in a sealed Box, and 2 Cubic Feet in a ported box. So combined that would mean that I would have to make a box with 8 cubic feet of airspace. And to me, looking at the subs, and using the software on the Re:Box Calculator, I feel like the box is big as hell for the subs. As the TN12-04's are MTX's entry level subs, and are SVC, it makes me think that 8 cu.ft. will be too big.

Should I make the 8ft box? Or just double the size of the original enclosures and make it ported? 

you should get two of the same amp or build two separate boxes hat wont teeter around. Even gain matching those two amps wont guarantee good results with all four subs sharing the same airspace. 

8cuft sounds normal. box will probably be closer to 9.5 or 10 once the port is included

alright noted. I want another RF actually but I've been BSing around. But For Now, it should work pretty much the same as it does right now? I mean obviously there will be a difference from Sealed to Ported but just until I get the other Amp, this should run?

this will be my first box I've built so I just wanna know if Im not about to mess something up. 8 cuft sounded like alot

Archived