8th order? I need help understanding/deciding/designing

scampo77

Hello,

I need help designing a 8th order bandpass box, and also help understanding a little bit about how it works. I have no size restrictions for the box but I have serious size restrictions for the port size. I was considering using 2x 13w7. im open to using different speakers if suggested to do so, but from what I have read, these speakers have a reputation for needing small space and having higher then average SQ properties. I have decided on a 8th order box because it only has one port, this way I can put the speaker enclosure in the box of the truck. I am not opposed to using a 6th order but I think I might need more port volume and having to cut a larger hole in the vehicle is not desirable. any mock ups or suggestions would help me out a lot.

I have enclosed a photo of my truck. as you can see I want to put the speaker enclosure in the back and I want to affect the living quarters as little as possible. I will also be tasked with making it removable.

IMG_20170926_202407.jpg

You can using a single port with both a 4th order and 6th order enclosure. There are almost no 8th order enclosures in use in car audio and there is a good reason for that. The benefits (if any) aren’t with the complexity.   I’d suggest a 4th order bandoass box for those JL subs. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I guess I could use a 6th order if I can get the ports small enough to fit from the back to the inside of the vehicle. I wonder how effective these bandpass boxes are? is the outside of the vehicle as loud as the inside of the vehicle? is there anything to gain or lose from putting the speaker enclosure inside or outside of the vehicle?  as you can see from the vehicle I am working on, that anything I put inside the work box is going to cause a lot of rattles and noise. I can build the enclosure out of 1"MDF or hardwood but I suspect that the outside of the truck will be very very loud from bass tones not originating from the cabin.

Dang ole Freight Shaker !!! Nice. Driving a Pete myself. 

throw a ported and tuned enclosure under that bunk and rock that bitch brother. Seen plenty of bad ass systems in those trucks.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I cant, every inch of the cabin is used, the underside has holding tanks for the sink and shower, even if I could put it underneath, there would be no room, cab is held up with 16 airbags, it wouldn't be serviceable and it would be exposed to the elements. putting it in the work box will keep it dry and I am restricted to 24"x100"x100" .

We have a Columbia king / studio sleeper similar at work. I know them very well.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived