Sonic Electronix

Most knowledgeable top 5 members on this forum ?

I am very new to this forum but definitely not new to car audio .

This forum is also huge and a little tough for me at times to navigate around .

What I'd love to know from everyone's opinion here is who are the top five members here that have the most knowledge when it comes to things from enclosure design, sound quality, SPL, and electrical. 

I'm not looking for members that have the most posts or views , just the ones with the best facts.

Basically members that you wouldn't even have to bother fact checking ?

thanks

Triticum Agricolum gets my vote.  Kyle (Blackwelder), or I think he goes by "kyblack", can be a little harsh at times, but know's his shit.  Joe (X) is a good one.  Cable guy....he may have changed his name, is a cat who's been around for a minute.  those names come to mind, but I'm sure someone else will chime in.   

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

@SMT youre also assuming those same 5 people would be willing to help.  Possibly a poor assumption. 

Its not hard to navigate the forum.  Its divided into subforum categories and there is also a search bar.  Go to the subforum you are interested in, then search that forum with your topic, and if it hasnt been asked, then post a question.  Easy stuff.  You can do it.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

1 hour ago, WalledSonic said:

@SMT youre also assuming those same 5 people would be willing to help.  Possibly a poor assumption. 

Its not hard to navigate the forum.  Its divided into subforum categories and there is also a search bar.  Go to the subforum you are interested in, then search that forum with your topic, and if it hasnt been asked, then post a question.  Easy stuff.  You can do it.

I wasn't suggesting in my post that I was wanting to bother these people but rather look them up and read their comments and posts. 

23 minutes ago, twalker182 said:

You can just about take anything @audiofanaticz says to the bank.

Hold on, let me call my bank and verify that.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'd say no matter the category @audiofanaticz is definitely one that deserves top ranking. I think Brett Levitt is on here too, I'd definitely put him up there for all category. Both of these guys are recognized by not just the forums but by other industry professionals that consider them to be knowledgeable. I think Kyle Golden was on here for a while, he's another one. another 2 that probably wont get much recognition b/c they don't post a bunch but Tony D'Amore and @snafu. Those 2 guys are probably considered genius level when you really look at their IQ of electrical stuff. I'm sure that only a small handful really know Tony's involvement in the history of our industry bringing a lot of what we know today b/c of him. Tony would be like the creator of the original Nintendo. @snafu has published books on topics. the fact that you can write a book and get it published is just beyond what many really understand of his knowledge. I've read his books and there filled with lots of knowledge. Leaving me to imagine how much more knowledge into those topics he really has.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

On 8/8/2018 at 1:08 PM, mothra said:

I'd say no matter the category @audiofanaticz is definitely one that deserves top ranking. I think Brett Levitt is on here too, I'd definitely put him up there for all category. Both of these guys are recognized by not just the forums but by other industry professionals that consider them to be knowledgeable. I think Kyle Golden was on here for a while, he's another one. another 2 that probably wont get much recognition b/c they don't post a bunch but Tony D'Amore and @snafu. Those 2 guys are probably considered genius level when you really look at their IQ of electrical stuff. I'm sure that only a small handful really know Tony's involvement in the history of our industry bringing a lot of what we know today b/c of him. Tony would be like the creator of the original Nintendo. @snafu has published books on topics. the fact that you can write a book and get it published is just beyond what many really understand of his knowledge. I've read his books and there filled with lots of knowledge. Leaving me to imagine how much more knowledge into those topics he really has.

Very kind of you to say sir.  Thank you.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

On 8/8/2018 at 12:17 PM, hoit said:

Triticum Agricolum gets my vote.  Kyle (Blackwelder), or I think he goes by "kyblack", can be a little harsh at times, but know's his shit.  Joe (X) is a good one.  Cable guy....he may have changed his name, is a cat who's been around for a minute.  those names come to mind, but I'm sure someone else will chime in.   

Thank you. I will help where I can.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived