Second Skin Audio

Enclosure help for 2 RF T2 13...

GMCtrk

Hi, 2 RF T2 13s going in the back of a tahoe. Per RF, ideal box specs are 4.5 cu ft tuned to 34 Hz (per woofer). So 9 Cu. ft total net.

I used the RE box calculator and came up with these specs. Is it okay if the port isn't L shaped? Should the port be moved to the center? The subs will be pointing up and port back. The 48" width and 20" height are max I can fit. The depth of the box is variable but I'd like to retain some trunk space.

Any input GREATLY appreciated!

box specs.jpg

I am no box designer but from my understanding you do not need an L-shaped port in your case, nor require a center port (that is entirely cosmetic preference and listening preference). I'm sure someone else can provide some input upon your enclosure specs and tuning. One suggestion is to provide the maximum depth your have available, as that is the only dimension you left without one. 

Anyways, good luck with the build man 

No you do not need an "L". they should label that calculator slot ported box calculator. Also I ran the numbers in Torres and come with a slightly different specs (which is not surprising). I get 10.39 cu ft. tuned to 36.8 hz. I trust the Torres calculator more than the RE one. you have a shit ton of port

Archived