Sonic Electronix

Just a few questions (please help)

Do a big 3 upgrade. If you dont know what that is look it up.  Theres tons of videos.  Also that kinetic battery he suggested is the way to go.  Should be plenty for your system.  Way better than a cap and the same price.  You should be fine with stock electrical tho. Just do the big 3. Also.  Are your subs dual 2 ohm?  If they're dual 4 ohm your ano is going to see 1 ohm or 4 ohms depending how you wire it. And if they're dual 2 ohm and you dont do it right your amp is going to see .5 ohms. 1 ohm is usually the best route anyway.  If the amp supports it.  And I believe yours does.  The speakers are 500 watts a piece.  1000 watt amp. Good stuff.  

Frankly I’ve already done the big 3 upgrade, and I just got the new amp, wired it in and all and I have dual 2 ohm and I wired them to two ohms to the amp and give or take 5 minutes of playing music with the subs and stuff on max my battery starts to die, I can tell cause she starts losing all power in everything, lights die dummy low, dash lights nearly turn off, and the bass completely shuts off. I’d be more than down to go the kinetik battery way, but would it actually help to the point where my alternator isn’t getting fucked. Like it’s only a 90 amp alternator, with a 1200w amp with it, also if I bump then park turn off my car the battery has like barely any juice left to start the car, a 2 second jump works perfeclty. Now I’ve checked everything on wiring. Terminals are good, new infact, I’ve done everything by the book to make sure nothings shorting out or purposely dying, or not wired correctly. Everything is perfectly fine. I just think I’m a have to spend big bucks on a bigger alternator off eBay cause that’s the only play I can buy a alternator for my car.(2001 Toyota Camry 2.2L)

Do not buy ebay alts!!! Twisted should be slapped for even suggesting them. They are unreliable and do not put out good amperage. You dont need a ho alt. Honestly it sounds like your stock batt is shitting the bed. Anytime you add a big drain on your cars electrical it will show out the weak points quick.also idk who has been helping you pik gear but those ddxs will take 1k rms each. You shoulda got the rp2k. Youll need another one of those 1200s and run one to each woofer to get them powered properly. 

I don’t want that big of a amp, I chose the amp I chose cause it’s just enough for me. And I had my stock battery tested and it’s just fine so is the alternator. Plus If I got the rp2k then my battery would’ve been even more fucked and my car would die in minutes of playing music, like it already does just on 1200

I just want the cheapest but best solution to stop my battery from being dead after driving and playing music for 10 minutes, I’m thinking a second battery but getting a second battery the exact same as the one I have would be like $150, so idk what to do anymore

Archived