Sonic Electronix

Just a few questions (please help)

I have 2 Skar Audio ddx 12’s and a Skar Audio 1200.1d amp. If I wire both subs to two ohms to the amp, will it remain at a cool temperature? And will I need to upgrade to a second battery because my alternator is only 90 amps and I can’t buy a new one for the year I have. And what’s the most efficient way to mount a amp under a seat, I was just assuming to get like brackets to mount the amp a inch or so off the carpet floor so it can ventilate. And when taking my subs back out of the box (it Is screwed in) should I fill in the old holes I used with wood glue? And reuse them or fill them in with wood glue and just use new holes?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a 2 ohm load that amp won't overheat. Hell....at 1 ohm it wouldn't overheat. It's rated for 1 ohm stable.

If an alternator isn't available for your car, get an upgraded XS battery for your car. Their website has a chart for what battery to buy.

I don't have any answers for the other two questions.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

2 hours ago, Bichael69 said:

Yea but those XS power battery’s are expensive

Yeah but they're worth it. Trust me.

If you buy some bullsh*t used battery.....I doubt there is a warranty and you have to spend money buying the necessary wire/terminals to hook it up......as well as mount it.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Archived