Sundown Audio

Reset the bass knob?

buildinggam

Hey everyone, I have a weird question, when you remove an amp and reinstall it do you have to recalibrate the bass knob?  Reason I'm asking is I have an Orion xtr 1500.1 and had an American bass xd1244 wired at 2ohms and it would slam.  I just installed an FI 12ssd neo wired at 1ohm and it sounds like it's 1/3 of what my other sub played.  I had removed my Orion to mock up where to mount it, taking care not to bump the settings because it was set using a cc1 and dd1 but once hooked up the only way I get any volume from my sub is by unplugging the bass knob.

Yeah, I checked it with my fluke meter, it's at 1ohm.  I know it's a weird issue that theoretically shouldn't happen but that's the best way I can describe it.  And as soon as I plug the bass knob in the volume of the sub drops

Had that same issue with the bass knobs that came with my PPI P1000.1. Got a PAC LC1 https://www.amazon.com/PAC-LC-1-Remote-Amplifier-Controller/dp/B0002J226O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1534584507&sr=8-2&keywords=pac+lc1+bass+knob and it works perfect. 

2009 Pontiac G8 GT

2 Precision Power 12's Power Class

2 Precision Power Phantom P1000.1

Rockford Fosgate Prime 600-4D

4 Lanzar 6.5 components

2 Pyle 8's

Audio Control LC2i

Stock headunit

The LC-1 is an in-line knob that works great, and is only about $10. If connecting your current knob causes the volume to lessen, then i would recommend tossing it and grabbing an in-line knob that connects via RCA.

Archived