Sonic Electronix

How do I know what secondary batter to get for my sounds I’m between XS power and Kinetic (what’s better) , how would I know how strong to get the battery?  I’m running hifonics Brutus amps 1600.1D for my subs and and 800.4 for highs and I’m running 2 4 gauge amp kits also I have the audio control epicenter. Any help ??? Thanks.

Xs power has a chart on their sight and in their subforum here showing what batts support how much wattage. Both kinetik and xs are good batts. Just depends on wat u wanna spend. I have had a small kinetik hc600 for some years now on around 1200 rms and it works great along with my stock batt and alt. Wat brand wire kits did u get? If they are off brand id upgrade them with either some knukonceptz wire or some sky high wire. Also kinetiks batteries wattage ratings are listed wen u look them up on ebay.

Those jl kits should b ok. Just use the wattage rating the amp states. So youd need about 2400 watts of batt. I always recommend at least a small rear batt. If i was you id probly just add a reserve batt capable of supporting about 1500 to 2k. And upgrade my alt wires and batt ground. Look up big 3 on youtube. When you do it dont remove the stock wires. Just add the new ones in.

Really wouldnt matter. Most stock alts are around 100 amps or so. People run 2k rms all the time on stock alts. Judging by his amps he likes to save money so i doubt hes willing to drop 500 or so on an alt.

Those ebay alts are unreliable at best. They are also not likely to put out shit for amperage either. IF they ever put out their advertised amperage, it's right before the thing tears itself apart. An.eBay 250A alt likely wouldn't put out but maybe 100-125A at idle as well. So unless you like to sit there with the vehicle pegged at 3000 RPMs plus, pass on those turds. 

As far as your actual question, get a Group31 battery from ANY company and you'll be set. 

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived