Second Skin Audio

JL AUDIO 13TW5v2-4 - Anyone ever give these more than 600 RMS

Dragonware

2 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

Ahh. Good to know. They may have changed some, this was maybe 2 years ago

Spoke to them today.

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

2020 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

8 x DS18 6.5 Pro x6m - mids 

2 x Soundsteam SST-05 Bullet Tweeter

2 x DS18 TW220 Super Tweeters

4 X SkarAudio EVL-8  BASS

Big 3 

Yellow Top

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have started my box, yes. It consists of stack fabbed front corners with a 3" radius to match curve of seat and will also include pressed fit panels for design on front and sides. It will be similar to how Mobile Toys Inc(located in Texas, you should check out their work) does theirs but it won't be generic looking like theirs. Plus I don't have a CNC to just spit out perfect panels, I'll have to sweat to build unlike those guys. 

OP Those JL subs truly do sound great for shallow subs, unlike most in here commenting, I've actually heard them. I get that JL is overpriced and heavily agree, but their shit DOES perform and has a good amount of R&D involved when building their woofers. I've also heard(from a local dealer) the newer T series shallows from Fosgate sound great, but can't personally confirm.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

If overpowering is a potential risk, just dial the gain back to match the voltage for the wattage you require, don't go to max clean and you should be safe. Find out where your max clean is and total back to cooperate you her to hit wattage requirements, if that's easier to read.

9 hours ago, CleanSierra said:

I have started my box, yes. It consists of stack fabbed front corners with a 3" radius to match curve of seat and will also include pressed fit panels for design on front and sides. It will be similar to how Mobile Toys Inc(located in Texas, you should check out their work) does theirs but it won't be generic looking like theirs. Plus I don't have a CNC to just spit out perfect panels, I'll have to sweat to build unlike those guys. 

OP Those JL subs truly do sound great for shallow subs, unlike most in here commenting, I've actually heard them. I get that JL is overpriced and heavily agree, but their shit DOES perform and has a good amount of R&D involved when building their woofers. I've also heard(from a local dealer) the newer T series shallows from Fosgate sound great, but can't personally confirm.

i been following mobile toys on IG, do you have any photos of how you are constructing your box. the sharp corners did not go over well with my wife so i was thinking to also do a new box with front wall and rounded corners layerd then wraped in fleece and fibreglass since it would give me back some needed internal volume.

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

2020 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

8 x DS18 6.5 Pro x6m - mids 

2 x Soundsteam SST-05 Bullet Tweeter

2 x DS18 TW220 Super Tweeters

4 X SkarAudio EVL-8  BASS

Big 3 

Yellow Top

I can snag pics when I start assembling. All I did was essentially make a ring with a 6.5" circle for outer radius(using Jasper circle jig) and 3" for inner(I get a 1.5" consistent wide piece). And then I cut the circles into 4 to make a 90° and then glued and stacked. I measured the radius of the seat itself prior to cutting anything and it is roughly 3.5" which is why I went with 3" sounds it's close enough. 

On 8/17/2018 at 6:57 AM, CleanSierra said:

Good deal, I just looked them up and yea they seem to make all their under seat boxes very similar. 

I'm thinking like a cross between the musicar silverado, and the Simplicity in Sound builds. But I'm going to lift the rear seat a little too. 

I'm anxious to see how yours turns out. It will be a little while before I start mine.

I fully agree on the JL and Rockford comments, havent heard either but their higher end stuff usually performs to their high standards. People crap on JL all day, but they still make some great equipment at the end of the day.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

On 8/17/2018 at 1:57 AM, CleanSierra said:

Having dealt with both, the t series slim is on another level, look at the t/s for a slim woofer its insane, the tw5 right behind it imho.

Archived