Second Skin Audio

is this the place to ask for winisd help?

scampo77

I am in the middle of 2 different car audio builds, I do not know how to use winisd and I was hoping someone here could help me out by modeling my subwoofers in software to help me figure out port length and diameter, also net box volume? I have asked twice, and twice I haven't received any useful answers. maybe I am asking in the wrong section of this website or possibly its too basic or advanced for this forum? I copied the parameters off of the box because this speaker is not a template in winisd.

revc 3.3 levc 0.996 zmax 25.21 fs 67.5 qms 11.16 qes 1.92 Qts 1.64 Vas 1.892L

can anyone lend a hand? or possibly kindly direct me to a different box design site?

• 4 weeks later...

What are you having trouble with specifically? I believe in Winisd, you enter the port shape/diameter/width/height and tuning frequency, and the software will calculate how long the port needs to be. Not sure if it gives net volume, but you have some other options for that:

Bass Box Pro calcs net volume if you give it the dimensions of all things inside the box.

You can calculate net volume yourself fairly easily by approximating the shape of whatever's in the box, calculate their volumes, and subtract them from your gross volume.

Win ISD doesn't calculate Net. It assumes the box volume you enter is net.

I like Torres box calculator for determining Net volume and port length.  Make sure you pay attn. to physical port length,

b/c Torres will calculate the correct port length for ports that turn - IE: it calculates the center port length.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:26 PM, scampo77 said:

I am in the middle of 2 different car audio builds, I do not know how to use winisd and I was hoping someone here could help me out by modeling my subwoofers in software to help me figure out port length and diameter, also net box volume? I have asked twice, and twice I haven't received any useful answers. maybe I am asking in the wrong section of this website or possibly its too basic or advanced for this forum? I copied the parameters off of the box because this speaker is not a template in winisd.

revc 3.3 levc 0.996 zmax 25.21 fs 67.5 qms 11.16 qes 1.92 Qts 1.64 Vas 1.892L

can anyone lend a hand? or possibly kindly direct me to a different box design site?

Yes here you can get help on that, few more infos though. What sub is it? Certainly a full set of parameters would help more, pretty non standard driver it looks to be Fs = 67.5Hz?

Archived