Second Skin Audio

Ported box for two Fi Sp4 v2 18s

Kyle13130

I need some help designing a box or just getting more ideas out there would be great. Meant for loud daily listening. The vehicle is a Chevy trailblazer. Subs up, slot port back. Birch plywood. Biggest I could go would be 46wx27hx27d (leaves 6" from rear gate). I'll have to make something up to test fit and confirm that size will work, might have to play around with sizes a tiny bit afterwards.

I have an Audio Legion 2.5k for power with solid electrical (big 3, 1/0 ofc, agm deka intimidator, 150amp stock alt). Will be upgrading to a 240amp or bigger alt next. And maybe onto a 5k in the distant future. Subs are two used Fi Sp4 v2 18s in D1 (.7) format.

I emailed Fi and told them my setup (2.5k then a 5k eventually).  They recommended at least 13 cubes net with at least 150 square inches and preferably 200 square inches of port area. I want to tune at 33hz but I'd be happy anything between 32hz and 34hz. 

If anyone could help me with a design or really any constructive input is great. I've built a couple boxes that have both turned out great, but I'm out of my element when it comes to designing a good box. Want to do something nice for this one :) 

Archived