Anyone ever have a leaky tire? Civic 8th gen

I keep my tires stocked with 32 psi. A while back I plugged one of my front tires from a screw, and recently rotated/balanced at my local shop. Ever since plugging the tire I noticed it would leak air down to the threshold of my warning light ~28 psi or lower every couple weeks and when I would check it it would be around 27-28. Now that the tire is on my rear driver side it has kept the same issue of going under pressure every week / week and a half. I couldn't find any leaks when I took off the tire with some soapy wadder, and nor could the shop when they did the same. 

Is this tire a ghost in the machine, or on it's last leg from the plug? 

tumblr_pdxmg0OCb81xsodn1o1_540.jpg

Plugs dont always take. How old is it? Could be sidewall cracks letting air out. Just replace it. It will give completely eventually.

Put a thing of slime in it, problem solved.

The blue label is the one you want.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

1 hour ago, mathewyocham said:

Plugs dont always take. How old is it? Could be sidewall cracks letting air out. Just replace it. It will give completely eventually.

The tires are relatively new. Bought all new tires when I bought the car used about a couple months back.

25 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Put a thing of slime in it, problem solved.

The blue label is the one you want.

Is that TPMS safe? I've heard mixed things about that and Fix-a-Flat making a mess on the inside, and more costly down the road. 

Did you spray the bead area? Pin hole leaks in the wheel? Check the valve stem itself? If it's leaking, it's coming from somewhere, you just haven't found it yet. Air the thing up to max sidewall pressure and go over it with a fine toothed comb

U need to dunk it in a water tube to see a slow leak , not a fan of tire slim have seen it take out TPM sensors ,  Put 60-70psi in it and then dunk it . I use plugs but I always pull the nail drill it with a small drill bit then use rubber cement before plug then plug it. Drive a couple miles to seat the plug and retest , if it’s a beed u need beed sealer . Did u try just tightening the valve core .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Haven't tried the dunking method so might give that a shot. The plug kit I used only used a strip of this tacky rubbery material with a few tools, and no rubber cement. It is probably the source of my issues

I think i'll take it off and pump it up to just shy of max and see what I find. 

Thanks for the input guys

Archived