Sonic Electronix

I'm replacing the 6 1/2 in my rear door of my 2012 Scion xB. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to replace them with same  kind I have in front doors Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6 Punch Pros or go with either Sundown Audio NeoPro-6.5 V3 4 ohms or Sundown  Audio SXMP-6.5 4 ohms. I'm not using any pods or box of any type just free air. And not sure if either Sundown Audio type mentioned above require a minimum wattage since there seems to be no data on their website.

Welcome to SMD. The best car audio forum IMO.

Are you running them off a amp?

Do you like the way the RF's sound?

Is it worth the investment on rear door?

You will get a mix of answers on here about rear speakers. Some SQ builds do it for rear fill. Others have no rear speakers. And those who do usually run a good coax speaker. The choice is yours since its your build.

I would not buy speakers that didn't have good specs but thats me, if there Sundown they are probably good but without specs its hard to say.

I run rear doors speaker but if i had it to do again i wouldn't, save the investment for better front stage or amps.

RF's are running w/o amp for the moment, trying to keep car stock as possible. RF's do quite well, I'm just curious of the sound difference, I keep seeing more and more Sundown Audio all over the net, and at shows. Just haven't heard any of the lower size speakers. Just running a moderate AudioControl Amp to run two JL 8W3v3-4.

Head unit power is pretty low so getting speakers to match the power is important IMO. Some high wattage speakers need the power to shine.

AudioControl is good equipment, How many watts are you running to your subs?

Archived