Sonic Electronix

New member seeking recommendations

Hey all, seeking help putting together my system.  Have an 08 Avalanche that the system will go in.  I have two older kicker amps from a previous vehicle that I am hoping to use in the truck.  Looking for advice on a box and subs that will work under the seat?  Also looking for recommendations on an affordable component set for the front and coax for the rear using stock locations.  Any suggestions provided will be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks

Budget, Power and goals will have a lot to do with your set up.

What amps and power to start with? 

And welcome to the best are audio forum.

15 hours ago, 5-0king said:

Hey all, seeking help putting together my system.  Have an 08 Avalanche that the system will go in.  I have two older kicker amps from a previous vehicle that I am hoping to use in the truck.  Looking for advice on a box and subs that will work under the seat?  Also looking for recommendations on an affordable component set for the front and coax for the rear using stock locations.  Any suggestions provided will be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks

As far as components and coax check out McLaren audio products. Very reasonably priced and great quality and sound for price you pay.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Budget wise trying to keep it under a grand including install. 

The amps are kicker z360 and z460.  Had the 360 running two JL 15W3 in previous vehicle.  Amps are old, but they still work so was hoping to reuse and save money.  Not looking for this system to be as loud as it was in the car, but looking for a nice balanced sound.  I know I will be limited in size for the subs since I want an under the seat box.  Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

I will definitely take a look at the MC Clarens for factory replacements.

Thanks

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, 5-0king said:

Thanks

welcome to SMD.

take that mid gate out to build an enclosure. No room for shit under the rear seats. Well actually, nice place for an amp rack.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I think the Tahoe and crew cab under seat boxes might work in an avalanche as well... might research that some

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

14 hours ago, 5-0king said:

Thought about that but was hoping to keep the truck somewhat functional.  Any worries about leaks?

Mine can easily be removed if need be. Most pre built mid gate enclosures are fairly nice and can be easily removed.

I Line-X ‘d my enclosure. No problems so far.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

What factory system does your Avalanche have ?? My 07 has the Bose system. 

Archived