Second Skin Audio

Need help please sa 8 v2 d2

Lbookholt

I'm new to the sa 8 club and need some help on a box.

I have 2 sa 8 v2 d2 I'm trying to put under my back seat of a 17 chevy silverado 1500 crew cab.

The dimensions are L 54" x W 14" x H 9" x H 7"

It has to be a tapered box. I would like it to be slot ported. I want it to be .65 - .75 cubic feet per sub and 35 - 37 hz. The port is what's throwing me off I cant seem to figure it out. if anyone could give me a helping hand that would be amazing or any advice I will take anything right now. Thanks guys 

10 hours ago, Lbookholt said:

I have 2 sa 8 v2 d2 I'm trying to put under my back seat of a 17 chevy silverado 1500 crew cab.

It has to be a tapered box. I would like it to be slot ported. I want it to be .65 - .75 cubic feet per sub and 35 - 37 hz. The port is what's throwing me off I cant seem to figure it out. if anyone could give me a helping hand that would be amazing or any advice I will take anything right now. Thanks guys 

Any help out there?

10 hours ago, Lbookholt said:

Are you building this box yourself? Did you raise the rear seat any? I have an 18 sierra crew cab and I only have like 7.5 maybe 8" height at the front of the box. And only like 5 or 6 inches at the back of the box. Also you have a cutout for the rear seat brace you have to figure around. And a hump in the middle, so your airspace wont be exact as your dimensions imply. Sooo build your box. Figure your exact airspace, then we can help you figure out your port sizing and length.

Also factor in magnet diameter and depth to see if the SA will even fit in your dimensions. It wont fit under mine without a seat lift just fyi.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Im going to try and build the box myself, I have everything to do it. Yes I plan to raise the seat 2 inches or these subs will most likely not fit. The hump is about .5 in x 14 in. The brace is 3.5 x 9

The depth should fit with a seat raise I'm pretty sure. I've seen guys run the sa 10s under our seats before. I may have to raise seat to 3in. So the taper is 10 to 8. The depth of speaker is 6 5/8. I really only want to raise seat 2in though if I can. I'm trying to keep everything really clean.

Archived