Second Skin Audio

Need help please sa 8 v2 d2

Lbookholt

Ahh I see. Yea I plan on building 1 for 2 SSA F8Ls here in a couple months. Going to follow all the seat curves, and the box will take up about 2/3s under the seat, the other 1/3 I will leave the top off so I have some storage still. Looking at building a 1.5 or 2" seat lift as well. But with all the curves, it's hard to calculate the airspace correctly, so I will build the box, then measure the airspace, then add a 4" flared aero port and adjust length as necessary.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

A 1.4 cube net box, 15 sq in port, 35 Hz - 18 inches long

port volume is .16 ft3, not counting the volume of material used to create the port.

A 1.4 cube net box, 4 in. aero port, 35 Hz - 17 inches long

port volume .12 ft3

a 4" aero port will need about 6" diameter of real estate on whatever face it ends up on.

Looks to me like with the dimensions you gave in the original post that you'll need to raise the front & rear height .5" to get magnet clearance...  (.404" exactly, I'd go .75" at least to make it easy) unless you invert the subs , I just don't see another way to have a front facing baffle.

F2AXnU.jpg

I got 2.46ft3 net before displacements with those measurements so you definitely got the room to do it right IMO.

Archived