Is Sound Deadener Showdown still in buisness?

1 hour ago, poorfish88 said:

Second skin is the best.

Ive been using resonix.  New stuff out. The owner is an sq oriented guy. Showed waterfall charts and heat tests     

Nothing towards second skin but their stuff didnt last very long in my new truck. Put it in a few months ago. And the stuff already started falling off.  Just from sitting, (truck has been parked for 6 months with no interior in)

5 minutes ago, poorfish88 said:

Wow, quality went way down or user error.  I've never had a problem with SS.

Me either until now.  Only issue ive ever had with second skin is its pretty stiff.  You need to get it warm to contour the the panels

Ican assure you it wasnt user error. As i always clean before installing

Maybe a bad batch?  First I've heard of SS not sticking.  Man that sucks cause nothing's worse than removing panels and seats for deadening. At least you didn't have tear it all down again. 

4 minutes ago, poorfish88 said:

Maybe a bad batch?  First I've heard of SS not sticking.  Man that sucks cause nothing's worse than removing panels and seats for deadening. At least you didn't have tear it all down again. 

Agreed. Hopefully it was just a bad batch.  But i have found (no offense to second skin) a product i like better. And my truck is now full of it. 

12 hours ago, poorfish88 said:

Second skin is the best.

Thank you for the shout out

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

11 hours ago, ToNasty said:

Ive been using resonix.  New stuff out. The owner is an sq oriented guy. Showed waterfall charts and heat tests     

Nothing towards second skin but their stuff didnt last very long in my new truck. Put it in a few months ago. And the stuff already started falling off.  Just from sitting, (truck has been parked for 6 months with no interior in)

No need to try and smear other brands because you have a new deadener you want to pump up. We wish the Resonix guys best of luck as they try and get a footing in the industry.

If you ever do have a real issue, we are always available at [email protected] or daily by phone (520-425-7149). We have not received any reports of Second Skin not sticking, but want to hear about it if so.

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

9 hours ago, poorfish88 said:

Wow, quality went way down or user error.  I've never had a problem with SS.

Absolutely nothing has changed about our quality, the product.  We have never had Damplifier or Damplifier Pro fall off any build in 19 years. 

468x60.png

59 minutes ago, Second Skin said:

No need to try and smear other brands because you have a new deadener you want to pump up. We wish the Resonix guys best of luck as they try and get a footing in the industry.

If you ever do have a real issue, we are always available at [email protected] or daily by phone (520-425-7149). We have not received any reports of Second Skin not sticking, but want to hear about it if so.

It wasnt meant as an attack at all.   Your stuff has always worked great in the past for me.  I just wanted to try something new after what had happened.  Which im sure was just a fluke

Archived