Sundown Audio

Amp suggestions for new blow thru setup

eyeopeningepisode

Hi Guys! so....I got my hands on a custom built blow thru box with 2 db drive wdx 7k 15 inch subs. I am thinking of installing it in my truck and need suggestions on what amp to use.  For my power I have a 250 amp mechman alternator, 2 xsd3400 batteries. Big three all around! These subs can handle 3500 watts rms each. I am hoping to stick to 1 amp as they are wired inside the box to 1 ohm with 1 output from the box. Any suggestions on what amp I can run? Has anyone used a banda7k or 8k or should I try another Brazilian or steer clear of the Brazilian amps. A friend had this setup and he was using a DB Drive A73500 and it sounded great. But that's 3500 split to both subs, so 1750 a sub. That's underpowered if you ask me! Your thoughts guys? thanks in advance!

I see that......I've seen a few videos of the 7k. Unfortunately they are hard to find now. Has anyone tried out the Banda Viking 8k. I don't like that they don't have a remote bass knob though or at least a connection for one. Any one have other suggestions. I have seen the db drive a7 7500.1, also hard to find but im told it doesn't put out the power it's supposed to. It struggles.

Someone locally told me the Orion HCCA3000.1DSPLX is legit. Although its rated for 3000watts rms, someone,...…. maybe BIGDWiz did a head to head with the sundown scv-3000d and it did like 7700 watts on a dynamic run, which is like listening to music is what i'm told. Could this be an option. These orions hcca seem to be underrated. the only issue I see with them is that they take 3 power and 3 ground inputs! i'll take a look at some of the others!

1 hour ago, eyeopeningepisode said:

Someone locally told me the Orion HCCA3000.1DSPLX is legit. Although its rated for 3000watts rms, someone,...…. maybe BIGDWiz did a head to head with the sundown scv-3000d and it did like 7700 watts on a dynamic run, which is like listening to music is what i'm told. Could this be an option. These orions hcca seem to be underrated. the only issue I see with them is that they take 3 power and 3 ground inputs! i'll take a look at some of the others!

Look at the newer SPLv2 from Orion. The ones with only 2 sets of inputs. Also I'd consider Alphard audio Korean boards. They're really nice

U will never see 7k with 2 Batteries and a 250amp ALT. U still need mids . I have  6 batteries and a 250 ALT and I’m on 4K with mids.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

i am currently running a SCV-6000D to 2 Zv5 15's at 1 ohm in a 4th scores on the headrest 40hz 152.77 33hz 154.28 25hz 151.14 20hz 146.28 this is a format in the UK called PD electrical consist of 1 250 amp alt 1 stinger 1750  and 3 odyssey 2150 group 31 i have heard good thing about the ampere amps also have a look a b2 amps they are also very good.

2 hours ago, Ron36 said:

U will never see 7k with 2 Batteries and a 250amp ALT. U still need mids . I have  6 batteries and a 250 ALT and I’m on 4K with mids.

Ron...i have some mids and highs already on a separate amp. I am trying to get more bass...move more air. I had 2 8 inch sundowns under the back seat in a custom made ported to 32hz. Although it sounded nice inside. It was weak as soon as you stepped out the door. I got my hands on this blow thru with these competition db drives and I would just like to give them a good amount of power to hopefully move more air. My friend had them in his truck and with 1 a7 3500 db drive amp which probably doesnt even do 3500 and they were killer....super loud and would hit good.  I want the same effect but i think they can do better. There are better amps out there and i have better electrical than him. I have another xs battery i can add. 

U need to add More ALT output maybe 2 250’s or at least a 370 and 4-5 batteries,not trying to be a dick but 7k amps are 7k at 14 volts not 11volts. Distortion kills subs not overpowering them and 90% of distortion comes from under powering subs. Your electrical is the heart of your system.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived