Sonic Electronix

Hello Guys, First time Posting, (I did try searching the forums but couldnt really find an answer. So forgive me if this is a noobish question haha) So I have 2001 Chevy Tahoe that I'm slowly in the process of Upgrading, Well one of the first things I wanna do is upgrade the front stage, In the pass I've just used Coaxials and passive setups. I decided this time around I wanna go more towards a Active setup. Which leads me to my Question. Am i able to run a active front stage (a Single Mid bass and a single super tweet in both doors) using only a 4 channel amp as long as it has a built in-crossover? I know it might not offer the best as far as fine tuning goes compared to running a separate amp for tweets and Mids, But if it has a built in crossover... theoretically I should be okay? Also I will be running the rears off just the headunit. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in Advanced Guys!

Welcome to the forum. Yes you can run active the way you described. I would research as much as you can about running active so you can tune your system. Its not always easy setting up a active system and if your not knowledgeable you can end up with a poorly set up front stage.

Get familiar with cross over frequency's of the drivers you will use. Proper gain setting and matching of your system. Tuning can also take patients and time.

Thank you! I have an general idea of how tuning a active setup is, But I'm definitely gonna look and read more into setting the crossover frequencys and everything before I start tuning.  Im more then 100% sure I'm gonna go with the Crescendo Pwx's and FT1 tweeters, Does anyone have any secrets or things I should know about them before I purchase them? Is there any brands in the general price range that are better?

I never recommend using deck power and amp power b/c the signals are different and can introduce noise. just eliminate the rears all together.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

2 hours ago, mothra said:

I never recommend using deck power and amp power b/c the signals are different and can introduce noise. just eliminate the rears all together.

I never thought of that. I do plan in the future running 4 mids and 4 tweets on separate amps. Thank you for your response.

Archived