Check out the SMD Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

I'm not sure I even need help guys.

I did some tweeter pods on my A pillars it setup nice and dried hard. My question is I might have forgot to sand and rough up the surface of the pillar since it already had a texture to it I skipped that step. Now that its dried I notice the resin of you press it in a bit looks like its separating from the pillar. Should I be worried how can I fix this before the body filler and paint stages ?

See issue on last pic 

IMG-20180903-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20180903-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20180903-WA0010.jpg

You're gonna have to take it off and start over.

Sanding is important.

Not only that but that fabric needs to be wrapped around the backside of the panel as well.

54 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

You're gonna have to take it off and start over.

Sanding is important.

Not only that but that fabric needs to be wrapped around the backside of the panel as well.

Really I just added 2 screws to the thing and added body filler. You really think it's a total loss cant salvage 

IMG-20180903-WA0012.jpg

Dude...HOW did you apply that body filler? Were you in a trophy truck, blindfolded and trying to qualify for the Baja 1000? You have created so much extra work sanding and re-applying more body filler due to the shape you've created for yourself. 

Regarding your question about the de-lamination you noticed, is this a LOUD(over 150) vehicle? If not, I'm sure you'll be fine. If you ARE louder than a 150, you might run into de-lamination issues and you'll have to redo the pillars later when they crack. More importantly, please address the method you're using to apply that body filler because it's going to SUCK to sand. Had you applied it with a spreader, using smooth strokes, the sanding ahead would be easy. You're not going to enjoy sanding those and you're going to have several low spots that need another layer of filler to correct. You've got another 2 applications MINIMUM to get those close to on the right path for paint or wrapping.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

9 minutes ago, CleanSierra said:

Dude...HOW did you apply that body filler? Were you in a trophy truck, blindfolded and trying to qualify for the Baja 1000? You have created so much extra work sanding and re-applying more body filler due to the shape you've created for yourself. 

Regarding your question about the de-lamination you noticed, is this a LOUD(over 150) vehicle? If not, I'm sure you'll be fine. If you ARE louder than a 150, you might run into de-lamination issues and you'll have to redo the pillars later when they crack. More importantly, please address the method you're using to apply that body filler because it's going to SUCK to sand. Had you applied it with a spreader, using smooth strokes, the sanding ahead would be easy. You're not going to enjoy sanding those and you're going to have several low spots that need another layer of filler to correct. You've got another 2 applications MINIMUM to get those close to on the right path for paint or wrapping.

Yes it's my first time the second pillar will be better I'm a very patient guy I'll take my time with this and sand it down I am aware of mistakes in the first attempt at body filler was trying to get all that I mixed down before it hardened. And the truck most likely wont be more 120db it's a small box under the seat not like my old setup 4 cubes.

I hope you guys had faith in me I think I saved it and the right side I would have def learned from my mistakes. Broke off what I could roughed up the surface even drilled tiny holes for the body filler to hold on to. Used a credit card as a spreader much easier and a dremel to hack off most of the unwanted material@CleanSierra @Broke_Audio_Addict

IMG-20180903-WA0025.jpg

It's looking much better. Get the tools and the job goes much easier. A body filler spreader is like $.25 or $.50 from a paint shop. You would have had a much earlier go at it had you bought a few. Next time, only mix a small amount of filler if you fear running out of working time. You can always mix more, you can't un-mix what you make. Nothing is more frustrating than dealing filler as it's starting to gum and setup. 

Sanding and shaping is much easier if you start with a good application of filler first. Looking good so far, despite a few learning lessons ;)

make sure you use a really good sealer/primer before finishing. it'll minimize the chance of having to do it again. the filler will contract more if you live in a hot weather climate. 

13 minutes ago, mothra said:

make sure you use a really good sealer/primer before finishing. it'll minimize the chance of having to do it again. the filler will contract more if you live in a hot weather climate. 

Im in canada recommendations ? i was just planning to use spray paint  or maybe grey rocker/bedliner  on this for a texured finish

A sealer will come in handy, pre-paint. What he's referring to is the body filler shrinking, which is very possible to happen on you. A sealer will help prevent cracking of finished product. 

Something like this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Oleum-249321-Automotive-12-Ounce-Primer-Sealer-Spray-Paint-Gray/16816074

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1