Sundown Audio

Rockford T1500bdcp two D2P315’s dd1

tbeats

Ok so setting up two P3 15’s d2 subs sealed box net 2.45 per sub sealed on a T1500bdcp when we set with the dd1 at -10 dB sound was awful being chunk up to way to much power. 600rms subs what if any gain overlap would be safe right now set at 0db to be safe. Seen amp dyno saying amps around 1600 Watts 2ohm and that’s where we are running it so would 0db be the best bet it sounds kinda weak for two 15’s currently. Any help would be much appreciated!

We chose a larger amp being most of the time sealed needs more power and to have clean headroom of power when we first installed we set with the 0db weak sauce and the try -10db no good now back to 0db thinking about trying-2.5bd but don’t understand with this amps power output at 2 ohm on these subs does any overlap even make sense?

I used to run 2x12" rf punches off of a shitty Alpine 400 wrms at 4ohm in a ported bix and it had my Cherokee thumpin. For the setup I had I was extremely.impressed.  If your dissapointed at 1600 watts I'd say go ported. Maybe recheck your dd1. IMHO you shouldn't have to compensate for +/- db if the setup is done properly to begin with. 1600 watts is more than enough power to move a driver's that size. 

Daily driver

• Crescendo Audio Encore 4.5k
  • Fi SP4v2 18" ( 5.5 cube vented tuned 27hz)
  • Hertz Millie mid-range, tweets, xovers
  • Hertz SPL Show 10" mid-bass ( 1 cube sealed box)
  • Hertz hdcp 4 channel amp
  • 370 amp mechman hairpin
  • 2x d3400 XS Power batteries
  • 2/0 gauge 100% ofc welding/ground cable (big 3 done)
  • 40 ft.2 second skin pro/ 40 ft.2 dynamat extreme ( doors sealed)

Archived