Isobaric or not

Headstill

Hey, Looking for an answer to this. I have a tuned (32HZ) ported box with 3 Rockford Phosgate 10" running approx 750w through them at 3.1 ohm.

I have a 1ohm stable amp and want to run more power through the speakers . Each speaker is rated at W250 RMS. I have run the same box through a speaker box program with using Isobaric (clamshell) design and all looks good, even improving the curve a little on the low end. 

My simplest upgrade would be to buy 3 more subs of same type and install them in a Isobaric clamshell configuration. I would then wire the speakers to configure a 1.33 OHM load. This would (on paper) produce 1500 W RMS from the amp.

I would like to go this way as it would be the easiest upgrade.

My question is which would be louder...  the 3 isobaric clamshell in exsisting box or build a new box with proper specs having 6 10" (same speakers) under the same 1.33 ohm load (1500W)

Can anyone clarify this?

thx

If you have the space for a box for all six subs, do that.  Isobaric cuts your efficiency in half.  

Another possibility, if you have enough space for a box for six 10", sell the three you have, buy two 750 watt 15"s and you will be that much better off. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived