Safe to Solder/Join two pieces of 0 guage wire ?

if I solder  and wrap with Tape/Heatshrink and Loom Safe or not ? my Wire is short by 2 feet hate to have to buy another 25ft roll when I have a 4ft peice just sitting there ?

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

2020 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

8 x DS18 6.5 Pro x6m - mids 

2 x Soundsteam SST-05 Bullet Tweeter

2 x DS18 TW220 Super Tweeters

4 X SkarAudio EVL-8  BASS

Big 3 

Yellow Top

Probably not the best idea since the chances of getting a good solder job done will be slim to none and would result in a cold solder joint that will lead to resistance and increase heat in the wire if its under a demanding load, and could possibly result in a short if it does get too hot due to the resistance. You would be better off adding ring terminals and putting a fuse there if its a positive wire, or hell even bolting the 2 ring terminals together if you want to rig it like that. 

I solder with a blow torch 

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

Big 3 

Yellow Top

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

do one of those heavy duty quick connects. doesn't really matter what you solder with, it's going to be hard to get good solder penetration and creating an even joint. 

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

1 hour ago, mothra said:

doesn't really matter what you solder with, it's going to be hard to get good solder penetration and creating an even joint. 

This is why I dont recommend doing it.
You have nothing going around the outside of the wire to contain the wire strands tightly packed together, nor to keep the solder joint solid or keep the solder contained like it would be if you where soldering on a ring terminal.

2 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

These can work, you can even get aluminum style blocks from places like Home Depot, Lowes, or an electrical supply store. They also sell a really thick heatshrink tubing separately to go over the connection as well thats about 4-5 times thicker and stronger than typical heatshrink tubing that is mostly bought/used. 

But jamming to buts of wire together and trying to drip some solder to make a solid connection no matter what your using to apply heat is not ideal and will be a weak/stress point.

Though there is a way to do it to get a decent result, but Im not going to say it because Im never one to promote rigging shit together to make it work.

Thanks guys for the advice I might just go the fuses route since thi 3ft peice of cable would be closest to the battery I would need a fuse any way.

My Build log :

Current System

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass