Sundown Audio

Issue with Rockford 1200.1d amp cutting out at high volume

Kbmcabee

Okay so I have been running my 2 lvl 3 DC 12’s on a cheap bass inferno 3000 watt or at least that’s what it’s says. Now with that amp being hooked up my system hit pretty hard but I wanna be louder, so I decided to go with a better amp or so I though.. so I picked up a Rockford 1200.1d prime amp because from what I’ve found is it’s a decently priced true 1200 watt amp. and all new wiring (1/0) but every time I try and get my system close to the level it was at with the other amp it cuts out and keeps going in to protect for a second an then comes out.. I was told by someone I know, who works at one of the stereo shops in my town that this would be a perfect amp and that I should be able to run it with no problems... so is my amp bad is my truck not able to push enough?? Did I down grade on my amp (I don’t think so)?? Could it be something else? Please let me know what you guys think!!

Thanks!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check your ground make sure it's good. It too should be 1/0 if that is what your using for power.

Do you have a dd1 ? Or oscope to set your gains properly ? Or are you trying to do by ear 

What size speaker wire ?

Make sure the bass boost is at 0 

Does it go into protect as soon as the amp turns on, or just while you are adjusting it?

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

Archived