Sundown Audio

Mutli mono amps problem

Neo2020

you can use a simple DMM to make sure the output voltages are the same. even in a perfect world you'd still have a voltage drop from the changing of materials and extra length of cable.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

So I split the RCA with 2 y cables for left and right. Both amps now have the same rca cable lengths. Still have a problem as both amps have a input signal button to switch between 0.2-2 volts input and 4-8 volts. I can only set one amp to 4-8 and the other amp to 0.2-2 volts. But if I do one amp is more powerful than the other. I have set both gains with a dmm but same problem. If I set both amps to the same voltage I don't get super low wattage on the DMM.

im lost, why cant you do them both at 4-8 (what board are these? did not read,... i almost never see a selectable input switch,... that is weird to me)

So, why can you NOT put both boards on 4-8???  Are you sure you have 4 plus volts on all sets of RCA ? Push comes to shove, put both boards at .2-2v and set them there....

EDIT- was does your dmm see, at full, on each RCA ??

If I put both on 2v it seems to make them both amps produce really low wattage. BTW I'm running two autotek TA2050.1D amps. One to each sub. Which are soundstream t5 2ohm dvc. Have them wired to 1 ohm each as each amp is 1 ohm stable. I have the gains both set at 31.62 with the dmm.

Seems like one amp wants to take more input signal? But I cannot set both to the same setting! 

Archived