Second Skin Audio

The Six Pack

Headstill

Hey all box builders,

I have decided to build a ported sub box with (for) my kid to upgrade his existing bass box. The box will have 6 10"  subs.... Why?  he had 3 so for Ohms and amps the cheapest way was to add another 3 subs. I designed all of the volume using Win ISD and all the modeling in google sketchup. I have done all my calculations and spent way to much time already on designing this but..you only live once and I hate generic designs.

SIXPACK

8.4 cubic feet, 6 RF Prime 10"  2 OHM, approx 1500 watts RMS,

BOX  made from .75 MDF

For those who have built many boxes and have experience /knowledge on this subject, please look over the pictures and let me know if you see anything wrong or  taboo that would make this build a big waste of time and resources. THANK YOU!!

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

3 hours ago, Joe X said:

Would like your sketch to have dimensions for everything and have box specs, port area, tuning you calculated, etc. before giving some feedback.

Will do,

Going  in the back of a 05 Tahoe, up against back seat, port firing to back gate, but I might switch it with drivers firing at gate if we feel it has better response. Kid plays mostly RAP.

Box dimensions are (outside) 48 wide 24 deep 18.75 tall,  all 3/4 MDF with top doubled to 1.5"/ tuned to  32Hz. / port dimensions are 2.75" x 46.5"  at 32 long / interior cubic feet is 8.4 / port cubic feet is 2.368 (includes port end correction) 

DVC, 2 ohm  subs  (6) are rated at 250W RMS  I will wire them at 1.33 Ohms  on a 1 ohm stable Class D monoblock amp rated at 1600 RMS at 1 ohm. 

I am a carpenter by trade so building this will not be too difficult.

YukonXL 04 I thought about adding (3)  .75 x  2.75 x 10 "  braces  with rounded ends spaced evenly in the bottom middle, aligned with the port exit.  THX

Archived