Sundown Audio

Blew the wolf somehow

DiBo

Trying to dd1 my amp I turned the gain up most of the way with the woofer disconnected and I heard a few clicking noises ,light, but clicking. The DD one would never stop distorting from the very beginning. Said the hell with it hooked everything back up and decided to try it by ear and when I turned the gain up about a quarter of the way zero music just a loud burp like I was playing a 40 Hertz tone. Pissed

Not wired down. Didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Was trying to break in a brand new fi Team 15 earlier. I played a 15 Hertz tone through it for about 15 to 20 minutes at 1/3 volume like I was told by the owner of fi. Did this the other day also when I first put the woofer in. The amp has a one-year warranty I just don't know what happened I'm flabbergasted right now

Hit up Colin Buckeye on FB. They say his customer service is top notch, youre about to find out first hand

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Every company has duds that make it to the consumer. Electronics can be finniky. First test to make sure its not a signal issue. Maybe your rcas grounded or touched while powered. If its not that then time to test that warranty.

1 minute ago, mathewyocham said:

Every company has duds that make it to the consumer. Electronics can be finniky. First test to make sure its not a signal issue. Maybe your rcas grounded or touched while powered. If its not that then time to test that warranty.

How do I test to see if it's a signal issue? Amp has a green light still no protect light

Are u the guy who posted those picks of all those bad solders on that thing

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

If you have a headphone to rca jack you can use your phone or a tablet to play directly thru the amp. That will let you know if the amp is the issue. They sell those adapter wires at walmart or pretty much any electronics store.

Archived