Second Skin Audio

Orion HCCA 3000.1 issues

bwhitlow

I have an Orion amp, it intermittently makes rapid clicking sounds upon vehicle startup with no audible output. just clicking like a relay sound.. green lights on, and fans are running.. .  i have to turn the car off then on again and then the amp runs fine, its totally weird.
I bought this to replace an old kenwood 9105D that worked just fine in the same car, so I dont think its the car.., has anyone had this issue with an orion? so strange..

The tech guy stated i had to have all three power connected with 3 different sources..and mentioned i should have 3 batterys?? 

11 hours ago, bwhitlow said:

I have an Orion amp, it intermittently makes rapid clicking sounds upon vehicle startup with no audible output. just clicking like a relay sound.. green lights on, and fans are running.. .  i have to turn the car off then on again and then the amp runs fine, its totally weird.
I bought this to replace an old kenwood 9105D that worked just fine in the same car, so I dont think its the car.., has anyone had this issue with an orion? so strange..

The tech guy stated i had to have all three power connected with 3 different sources..and mentioned i should have 3 batterys?? 

Post in the amplifiers section. The hcca 3000 is more like a 4.5k board. You're gonna need at least 2x g31 agm and a high output alternator to run that amp. Not sure about the clicking. A lot of knowledge helpful people on this forum. Welcome to SMD btw. I'll toss you ur first like my man lol

Archived