Two EVL 10 D2s on Two RP1500.1s Build

New to the car audio scene and definitely had a tight budget.  Did my homework and decided Skar was gonna be my best bet.  Started off with one 10 and one amp.  I screwed up the port on my first enclosure attempt and decided i need to build another.  At that point, i decided to go ahead and double up on everything.  I must say i am very impressed with the power handling of these subs.  Hell, even the dealer i bought them from has now become a fan and put two 12s in his ride.

My subs still need a little more time to break in and i have some electrical upgrades still needed so i currently have my levels set low to keep my voltage from dropping significantly.  Cant wait to be able to play these things full tilt.

Heres my setup:

2001 GMC Yukon XL 1500

Head Unit is a Pioneer AVH-600EX

Big 3 Upgrade done.

1 small 600 Watt (20 AH) Reserve battery in cab (definitely need more)

Ported Dual Chamber Enclosure

1.49 cu^ft NET per chamber.

Each sub wired to 1 ohm at amps.

Tuned at 36hz, 1:5 Port Ratio, 14 sq. in. per cube

20180910_232932.jpg

Edited by xJWhip804x

• 2 weeks later...

So this setup is plenty loud for two 10s. Have actually had a guy with three 15s exclaim "WTF!!" when he saw that it was 2 10s bumping louder than his 15s lol.  His enclosure was too small but still, it felt good lol. However, with location of the subs they sit about 4 ft from the back door.  When i open door or the lift up window the loudness damn near doubles at the front of the truck.  So if i want to cruise around at full tilt i ride with the back window lifted. Anyone have any explanations?  Cool part is if i ever went to a competition id probably trip everyone out when i walked to back to open the hatch prior to starting lol.

Edited by xJWhip804x