Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer ideas?

Matthew Williams

The fi sp4 v2 is great on the lows but really needs 3k+. Might be able to use the 2k with a bigger box

22 hours ago, Matthew Williams said:

I currently have an FI Q 15 Neo. Looking to find something that can slam the lows pretty well. I am using a SKAR audio 2000.1D. Looking to hit 26 - 29hz. Any ideas?

I would suggest to fully describe and picture your setup, including a sketch of your box with dimensions, could be as simple as disabling or lowering your subsonic filter or other settings in your system. 

Whats the port width? It looks like its about 4 inches.

Also how long is it?

Looks like a double baffle as well, correct?
Any internal bracing?

From what I am seeing doing rough math some unknown variables but taking an educated guess is:

Box volume is 6.31 cubic feet after sub and a rough port displacement. Fi recommends 3-5 cubic feet after all displacement.

Port area is about 70 square inches or 11.09 square inches per cube of box volume. So its on the lower side of things, but considering the box is larger than spec and your using more power than rated so it maybe better off. However I took an educated guess on the port width of 4 inches which it maybe a little wider or narrower and that would through off these numbers a bit. I also took a guess on port length and made it the length needed to get 33hz, but again however if the builder used a wack program that is not accurate or didnt build it right or any other possibility it may not even be 33hz so it would be best to know both the width of the port and the length.

As @Joe X also stated what are your settings on the amp set too as well? If your subsonic filter is set too high your going to be not playing those lower frequencies to loudly.

44 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

Whats the port width? It looks like its about 4 inches.

Also how long is it?

Looks like a double baffle as well, correct?
Any internal bracing?

From what I am seeing doing rough math some unknown variables but taking an educated guess is:

Box volume is 6.31 cubic feet after sub and a rough port displacement. Fi recommends 3-5 cubic feet after all displacement.

Port area is about 70 square inches or 11.09 square inches per cube of box volume. So its on the lower side of things, but considering the box is larger than spec and your using more power than rated so it maybe better off. However I took an educated guess on the port width of 4 inches which it maybe a little wider or narrower and that would through off these numbers a bit. I also took a guess on port length and made it the length needed to get 33hz, but again however if the builder used a wack program that is not accurate or didnt build it right or any other possibility it may not even be 33hz so it would be best to know both the width of the port and the length.

As @Joe X also stated what are your settings on the amp set too as well? If your subsonic filter is set too high your going to be not playing those lower frequencies to loudly.

@Joe X @audiofanaticz - Amp settings: subsonic is set to all the way off. Crossover is set to 40 or lowest possible setting based on the amp.

Archived