Sonic Electronix

Need help purchasing enclosure for orion hcca122

Hi, I just bought an orion hcca122 and a rockford t2500bdcp. I ordered a 300 amp single wire alternator from mechman, am xs power 3400 amp battery, 1/0 guage wires. I'm just wonder if the box I have it in is too small and maybe i need a bigger box? This is all in the trunk of a Pontiac g6 gtp and keep in mind I listen to alot of young dolph, Gucci man, 21 savage type bass. Here's a link to the box. Thanks in advance https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074R7NGNP?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

Looks like a big pile of shit... 

Any enclosure with caulk on the inside to "seal" it up usually means no wood glue was used and its being held together by said caulk and carpet..

Generic speaker box terminals

Huge ugly carpet seam along the back, ugly carpet seams on the box sides..

Are those screws pressing down on the carpet on the ends? 

LOL  TRASH!

Have Audiofanaticz build U a box , U got a great sub put it in the right box, he can build it for u to exact specs and ship it to u complete or all the wood cut and just needs to be assembled. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

9 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Have Audiofanaticz build U a box , U got a great sub put it in the right box, he can build it for u to exact specs and ship it to u complete or all the wood cut and just needs to be assembled. 

Thats just going to make my statement seem bias LOL 

I mean I sure wouldnt build a carpeted box with terminals for $150, hell packaging and shipping costs are almost that alone. 
But you get what you pay for, and for a prefab box like that no matter how many times you say "custom" in the ad I still feel you could get better for that price somewhere or another.

3 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

Thats just going to make my statement seem bias LOL 

If I ever get lazy I’m making U build my next box , I’ve seen your work great quality. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

For that sub ideally you will want around 2.4 to 2.5 cubic feet according to Orions specs (that is after subtracting the displacement of the port, subwoofer, and any sorts of bracing if used).

So I would say that size box could work, but I wouldnt recommend it due to its size.
If it was a little larger it would get louder with the same power vs if it was a smaller box because its essentially increasing the subwoofers efficiency.
The displacement of that woofer is 0.29 cubic feet, so after you subtract that from the 2.0 cubic feet box your left with a box size of 1.71 cubic feet which is 0.69 - 0.79 cubic feet smaller than Orions recommended size.

My main concern was the sub seems to be clipping at what seems like 1500 watts ut I don't have the alternator installed yet and the voltage drops pretty low so im not sure if its a voltage or a box problem most likely a combination of both. I can hear the sub getting louder even after it's clipping if I keep turning the volume up i can hear it getting louder and hitting harder but so I'm not exactly sure what's going on here and about how much would yo charge me to build a box 

I would say that if your currently trying to run that amp on stock electrical with a stock alternator with power wire that is not 1/0 gauge, and a stock battery (since you said you just ordered an xs power battery, mechman alt, and 1/0 wire) I would strongly suggest you to stop using the amp and take it out before you blow it! 

Archived