Second Skin Audio

No subwoofer break-in my ASS!!

DiBo

10 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

If you could get a 150 out the trunk with a good enclosure on a 3K and a single U series then everyone would have one... But theres more to it than that.

You have to make power to get a musical trunk build like you originally intended.  Wiring down low is the key, IMO.  Unfortunately, I think you're using dual 2 ohm coils so you prob cant go lower than 0.7ohm DCR without a recone.

Dude!! Revelations!! Nothing wrong with the Wolf... The Orion makes more power @4 ohms ( where I'm rising too with new woofer) @ lower voltage!! Knowledge is power. Box rise just beat my MF ass last night. I gotta wire down or get a different sub that's lower RMS to get more outta my amp. I can't believe I have a 5k board that's losing to a 3k... These Orion xtr and hcca amps have some fookin big hairy ass nutz!! Wow. Just watched both amp dynos, the Wolf sleeps til it hits 2 ohms or less. Revelations my man. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're having a problem with box rise just bolt it down, problem solved.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

1 hour ago, WalledSonic said:

If you could get a 150 out the trunk with a good enclosure on a 3K and a single U series then everyone would have one... But theres more to it than that.

You have to make power to get a musical trunk build like you originally intended.  Wiring down low is the key, IMO.  Unfortunately, I think you're using dual 2 ohm coils so you prob cant go lower than 0.7ohm DCR without a recone.

Do musical and wired low really even belomg in the same sentence?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

48 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Do musical and wired low really even belomg in the same sentence?

Yep sure do

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

17 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Yep sure do

Not really.

But I suppose it probably does make more noise, which I guess to some is more musical.

Not sure what your problem was. You swapped subs and score went down at a different frequency? Therefore it's the subs fault? To say there's a collection of unaccounted for variables here is an understatement 

42 minutes ago, SnowDrifter said:

Not sure what your problem was. You swapped subs and score went down at a different frequency? Therefore it's the subs fault? To say there's a collection of unaccounted for variables here is an understatement 

not the subs fault my fault for lack of understanding of how this works with high RMS woofers and box rise etc... Trying to get good at something in a short amount of time that isn't as easy as I thought therefore I have a newfound respect for car audio. I'm competitive so to move backwards at something I'm trying to get better at is frustrating. That's just me... I'll get loud haha. Really loud. And clean too. Learning curves suck ass! 

Wolfram 4500 will do 5k wired at .5 on most setups
switching from a 3" coil 2k sub to a 4" coil 5k sub that easily takes 7k on a burp you better bring the power .
there are a couple threads on here of guys doing 150 from the trunk on a single Fi team on a 3500w amp.
a fi team 15 has an FS of 32 not 41

Lol had a big old spew but decided not to even say it. It did make me laugh though... I’ll give you half of what you paid for your Teams since you aren’t going to use them because your other subs are better

4 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

Lol had a big old spew but decided not to even say it. It did make me laugh though... I’ll give you half of what you paid for your Teams since you aren’t going to use them because your other subs are better

. I'm glad it's funny to you. It's just opinion about these woofers. Already stated it was my fault for underestimating the power it takes for these woofers as well as how much box rise I'm getting. The Orion is BEATING THE WOLF @2-4 OHMS. I insisted on a single woofer cause of how small my trunk opening is when I should've listened about cone area etc... I even said SUBJECTIVE OPINION and I was trying to have a laugh about something that was buggin me. I'll tell you this much tho, in a year I've ran DC, sundown, and Fi and the sundown woofers sounds pretty good at low frequencies to me. 

Archived