Second Skin Audio

No subwoofer break-in my ASS!!

DiBo

11 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

So consistent power output over a frequency response range doesnt help the output sound more even across that range?  Huh.  Well I guess you know everything man, I should just listen to you.  I mean, I drive daily wired down, and it sounds much better than when I was wired higher.  Guess my ears dont work.  Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Nah, i dont know everything, just got different ideas on the subject I suppose.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I would recommend retracting your posts of selling equipment on this site, as you dont meet the needed criteria.

47 minutes ago, reedal said:

I would recommend retracting your posts of selling equipment on this site, as you dont meet the needed criteria.

I think hes alright. I asked, its not like he advertised that they were even for sale.

At That lrice i wouldnt be surprised if someone on here already snagged them anyhow, lol.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

On 9/16/2018 at 7:08 AM, DiBo said:

My woofer has a fs of 47. Hasn't dropped hardly at all. This experience was NECESSARY. We'll call it paying dues. The nerve I had to think to his was gonna be a breeze... Haha gonna grab a zv5 today I think at d4s and see how it sounds. It's nice having all these woofers local to me in Vegas. Maybe I'll get a couple of the new 3" coil sp4's coming soon. Fi woofers are insane! I know now

How long have you given it?

How are you measuring?

so.......tempting.............

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

On 9/17/2018 at 11:19 AM, SnowDrifter said:

How long have you given it?

How are you measuring?

I have one that's fully broken in so I know what to expect. Post was about break in actually existing with these high ass RMS woofers. Lol. This new one is stiff AF! Already swapped for a ZV5. Love the Fi woofers actually. Might build a 2 sub 6th order or something to tinker with and see what they sound like. 

Break in exist with any subwoofer, they all loosen up over time.

The whole break in period that we say sint needed is referring to the people that say you cant give them full power at first and that you need to play them at low volume for son many days before you give them full power.

Which isnt true.

Just so you know.

43 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Break in exist with any subwoofer, they all loosen up over time.

The whole break in period that we say sint needed is referring to the people that say you cant give them full power at first and that you need to play them at low volume for son many days before you give them full power.

Which isnt true.

Just so you know.

I see. I did play them for 2 days before cranking it up just because of people saying that. Seemed funny to baby a 4.5k woofer lol

Archived