Second Skin Audio

Which subs would you go with?

mrpasstherock

Hello, just joined the forum and I was looking for some honest opinions or advice.

I have a 2018 Camaro SS coupe. Trunk space is very small but really deep. I want to do two 12 inch subs in a sealed enclosure. I wanted to know what you guys think is the best system for the most bass but that will also have good sound quality. I listen mostly to rap and hip hop music. Both subs only require 1 cuft. of airspace per sub so they will fit. These are the two sub setups I'm thinking about. Two of the new Alpine Type X 12 inch X-W12D4 each one powered with a Rockford Fosgate T1000.1bdcp amp. So about 2000 watts or more. Or two JL Audio 12w6v3 subs powered by one JL Audio Slash 1200.1v3 amp? The interior of my car is small really only a 2 seater so either setup should be really loud in my camaro. Which setup you think will sound the best? Or any other recommendations? Thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about some Sundown SA 12’s . They fit in 1cube sealed or the Alpines should be ok. There is not a lot of love for JL here overrated and overpriced.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Dont forget everything else that comes with running 4k on subs. Upgraded electrical, extra batts or lithium or caps, high output alt, sound deadening, and upgraded mids and highs.

Just so u know I run 4K and have a 250amp Alt and 6 batteries, I’d stick with the 2k for starters but still those U series subs are really nice. Start with one amp for both subs and as u grow your electrical and mids get a second sub amp . 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Damn 6 batteries....I don't think a ported enclosure will fit in my trunk so my options are limited by space. Ported usually means bigger box right? Also I'm trying to save a little trunk space if possible and not entirely take up the whole trunk. I know I need a battery or 2 back there also. I already have Kenwood excelon 7 inch components for both doors, Kenwood excelon 6x9s for the rear deck, and another pair of 7 inch Kenwood excelon speakers in the rear seat kick panels going on a 6 channel 600 watt amp. I'm  planning on doing the sound deadening, big 3 upgrade, and I found a high output 320 amp alternator direct bolt on for my car that I will be buying next week...Anyone ever heard of Power Bastards Alternators? I've never heard of them but they look legit. I will let the stereo shop decide what to do with the batteries and capacitors I don't know much about that or what I need. I definitely won't be doing 6 batteries though lol.

Just so I know u said Power Bastards , that’s like running Boss amps . Not legit at all and if any stereo shop says the words capacitors just turn and walk out. DC Alt’s , Ohio generator , Mechman  those are real Alternator companies. If the price seems to good it’s usually garbage.

Archived