I have 2 Skar Audio DDX-12’s on a simple Skar Audio Rp-1200.1D amp. And I found a custom box on 402bassheads on fb, and it’s 3.5 cubic feet, and my subs recommend 2.5 cubic feet. What would happen or would be the outcome if I were to put my subs in the box? Would it sound good or would my subs just not sound the same nor work properly due to too big of a box. And the port is fucking HUGE. Picture of the box below.

8BAB8682-E592-49CE-94A0-2855927B69BC.jpeg

you can make the box smaller if need be by gluing more boards inside it to take up that 1 cubic foot to much.. and i would ask what the box is tuned to also... and being in the bigger box the subs usually wont be able to handle as much power as recommended there is plenty of subjects on this matter

Pro box is going to be a similar boat. Tuned too high and probably not enough port area.

Current box looks more like a burp box, huge port, and fairly short.

The current box you could add a few boards and make the port smaller. Or see if you can extend the port to take up some of the extra internal space and tune it lower

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

The subs in the pic will likely tear that single layer enclosure a new asshole. It also looks to be tuned VERY high and like a burp only type of box, not a daily musical one for sure. 

Throw that box in the dumpster where it belongs.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived