Second Skin Audio

Help with dc lvl 5 m4 15s box

darryl2727

4 hours ago, darryl2727 said:

Okay just trying to understand the port area because DC doesn't have parameters which sucks so a 180 Square inch of port wouldn't be too big? DC gave me 49w20h31d port 46w 2.5 h25d I believe that's like a 115 square inches of port

Sometimes if you ask for parameters they will tell you, not sure about DC but you can always try. 

2 hours ago, Joe X said:

Sometimes if you ask for parameters they will tell you, not sure about DC but you can always try. 

The port numbers I gave him are from DC. He said no bigger than 150in². No more than 3.25ft³ if he was going to under power the woofers and no less than 2.75 if he was gonna overpower them. 14-16 per ft. 144 for 9ft. I'd make the box around 9.25 ft³ with 150” port. 1.33 on a 12k is going to clamp less than 6k imo tho

1 hour ago, darryl2727 said:

I've tried that that's why I'm on here asking for help trying to figure out how to determine how much Port area going to build a box for 9 cubic feet and see what happens if it works I'll keep it if it doesn't I'll tear it out and rebuild

I literally talked to someone at DC today. Same person I talked to last time I built a DC enclosure. 

1 hour ago, darryl2727 said:

I've tried that that's why I'm on here asking for help trying to figure out how to determine how much Port area going to build a box for 9 cubic feet and see what happens if it works I'll keep it if it doesn't I'll tear it out and rebuild

So they just declined to give you the t/s parameters?

They said they didn't have them TS parameters yet so I asked do they know when they would get them they said they didn't know he told me that 3 cubic foot sub is what's recommended so I got on here figured I would ask people that are smarter than me try to figure it out got a box design off Facebook that was 13 cubic feet sounded like crap

14 minutes ago, DiBo said:

The port numbers I gave him are from DC. He said no bigger than 150in². No more than 3.25ft³ if he was going to under power the woofers and no less than 2.75 if he was gonna overpower them. 14-16 per ft. 144 for 9ft. I'd make the box around 9.25 ft³ with 150” port. 1.33 on a 12k is going to clamp less than 6k imo tho

They gave you box specs, i'm sure their specs will work and all but parameters are better, give you more insight on what you need to do and on the subs themselves.

Archived