Nvidia RTX cards

I dont think I have ever played FPS games online in ultra settings for those very reasons. I have had a hard time wrapping my head around why FPS players would want this, at the same time once its adopted and fully supported single player games will look amazing. 

Under Construction

Some of the reviews are a bit hokey too, like complaining about not getting 240fps in 4k ultra in a game so it syncs with a 240hz panel. I mean, seriously?

2 hours ago, strangeduck said:

Some of the reviews are a bit hokey too, like complaining about not getting 240fps in 4k ultra in a game so it syncs with a 240hz panel. I mean, seriously?

I dont think I seen that review, but it sounds like something TOT would say. That dude flips sides back and forth so damn much..  I think he made like 6 videos saying the cards are not coming only to be coming only to be not coming and so on..

Now if a 1080Ti was able to do 240fps in 4k on a 240hz panel, and the rtx2080ti cant there maybe some room there for concern, but if a 1080ti could Id feel it be at very low to medium settings and not maxxed out.

according to gaming nexus, most of the devs had about 70 hours or so to build demos to show off RTX. Right now there is so much confusion, so little support and so little info about what RTX can really do there is no point in getting a card unless you just like having bleeding edge tech or have so much expendable income it doesnt matter anyway,

The common theme right now is just wait for the next series when there is more support. Problem is, devs are going to have to look at sales figures and feedback and how well other devs are implementing the tech to decide if they want to go that route. 

If it works the way nvidia says it does, i should be easy to implement but if if it is clunky and kills frame rates, or just looks bad depending on the texture thats going to really decide how this progresses. Anyone who was buying cards when PhysX was suppose to e the next big thing will understand. 

On a side note, looks like nvbridge isnt showing any better results than just the standard SLI cable did. Although the bandwidth is higher and the connection had to be better, it seems like it only is a good as its predecessor  but just for the new cards. on top of that, SLI on even new cards, in motherboards with CPU's with tons of PCIE channels still only see around 60% increase in frame rate. 

Looks like what we are left with is the same old song and dance we have had since the earliest days of 3d cards came out. 

Of course, games today look amazing, anyone who only a 3dfx addon card can remember what it was like to be able to run a game at 640x480 with AA and real 3d, that was mind blowing,. I'm not really knocking nvidia, just saying you may not even want to use RTX depending on what types of games you play. 

• 1 month later...

2080Ti getting RMA'd left and right....  Bad micron ram possibly replaced with samsung.... we'll never know the real truth, but id stay FAR AWAY from the RTX line right now, and wait till 2nd generation of this comes about.  My Titan XP aint going NO WHERE!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Just now, hifonix said:

It is within the margins of normal RMA's. It is mostly the FE cards having the issues. Still waiting to see some RTX benchmarks...

150ish to 60 that's rough at 2080 ti price points. I'm still not saying they are worth the money as a upgrade, but if you were in the market to buy a gpu anyway they are not a bad choice. Now that 10 series cards are almost as much, cheapest on newegg quick glance was 1k$(1080ti.) RTX was just released for BF5 I think he said in the video maybe it was rushed...

Under Construction

Archived