My original plan was to put on either a powered hub or a mid drive motor kit. Something electric. But those are more than I want to spend

The fallback was to put a small engine in the frame and either let it have its own chain drive to the rear, or piggy back it onto the original drivetrain so I can have access to the gears. But my frame is tiny and won't fit even the smallest of engines

So.. Now I'm back to the drawing board. Considering either friction drive or belt drive. Unless there's a way to incorporate a chain driven system without losing any of the original functionality of the bike - I want to keep the rear gearset and disc brake. 

Does anyone have any experience with this? Trying to evaluate options right now. Bike is a trek marlin 6, 18.5" frame, 29" wheels. Price target is <$300

ive seen a few guys mount honda engines on a rack behind the seat.

No clue about how the rest of it functioned but its a good spot for mounting since you have little space to work with.

Those electric converisons are worth the money though, you may want to consider just saving go for one.

A girl that lives down the street from me did one on her bike and that thing fucking rips, man, I swear it'll do 45 to 50mph.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Jesus that's fast

Yeah it would be nice. But stepping to electric takes it from the ~300 price range to the ~1200 price range pretty quick. Coupled with the cost of the bike, that's getting into the price range of a motorcycle and is, quite frankly, more than I want to spend for the convenience of having something like this 

Maybe you can piece something together from ebay parts or something.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Have you thought about one of those electric driven front wheel setups?

Can be had for around your budget.

I can say that the front motor mount like broke suggested would be prob easiest. Unless you go with the traditional gas engine style like this:

All depends on budget and your will to get creative. Im sure you wont have an issue with either option lol

There is kits you can buy to make your bike powered, cant for the life of me remember where i saw a full video of it.  

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived