battery necessary?

Give mechman a call, lots of times they can build you stuff for vehicles not listed on their site.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just to clear things up, the Mechman Alternator is off a Jeep. My car is a Volvo 960 wagon. Mechman can''t offer me something that fits and all the local alternator guys around here can't rebuild mine. (Unless I just want stock output)

You said you can fab right?

If you're running a second dedicated alt, it doesn't matter. At that point, it's just a matter of making a bracket with the appropriate bolt holes, spacing, and wiring

• 4 weeks later...

i ran a standalone Alternator, They dont run well. without a surge value of some sort like a battery , since  some alternators Cant adjust amperage quick enough and you end up with  sagging voltage after a bass sweep. i tried this with a 5000W inverter , so i know when the AC kicked on it caused the alternator to just fart and not do anything . they kinda need the redundancy of a battery .

Archived