I'm a welder/fabricator/machinist who has been doing mostly hardfacing the past few years using a PTA machine. I don't expect to find another hardfacing job, which is fine with me. I have over 10 years TIG welding experience, I used to do it daily but have been doing it less frequently the past few years. I have welded many types of materials including, but not limited to, 316, 410/420, Hastalloy, Inconel, NiResist, bronze etc. Not a lot of aluminum. I have dealt with difficult materials that like to crack, with regard to TIG welding and even more so with hardfacing (nickel). I have done a lot of manual milling on a Bridgeport. My experience is in machine shops doing precision work. I can run a lathe, but just enough to make fixtures and stuff. I have setup and run CNC machines but that is not what I like to do. I have a few years polishing experience with 316 (full time). I'm located in Portland, OR. I would relocate for the right opportunity.

I've been into car audio off and on for about 30 years and would love to find a job in the industry. I have done a fair amount of woodworking as a hobby. Some fiberglass work. Open to any opportunities.

Thanks for looking and have a good day.

Bret Taylor

Archived