Sonic Electronix

What was the thing MMATS once sold from the 90's called

I think the late 90's, I remember seeing ads in Car Audio mags from MMATS for some kind of product that acts like an enclosure, but isn't. It was like some kind of membrane and my memory might be off but I was thinking it looked like a grill that went over the sub and supposedly took the place of a sealed enclosure.

Anyone remember what it was called?

Passive radiator

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

In the 90’s I was a late teen , I remember using a torn up comforter and spray foam to stop rattles had no clue it would help sound quality.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

36 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

In the 90’s I was a late teen , I remember using a torn up comforter and spray foam to stop rattles had no clue it would help sound quality.

Lol what?

Anyway, fortunately I found it.  It's called Aperiodic enclosure but thanks for almost trying. MMATS once made one but it covered the front of the subwoofer but apparently most enclosures of this type use it behind the sub. It appears Scanspeak still makes them but many go the DIY route.

I was interested in researching to understand why manufacturers that make under seat subs and other really slim mount enclosures don't use these since it makes the enclosure appear to be 20% larger.

Archived