This is a question for my brother as he isnt on a forum and i have no clue what to look for in this case.

im sure some of you guys can help and maybe recommend me another forum as well for more indepth research.

anyways

Vehicle: 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali AWD

Goals: Slight lift, 2-6", highly driveable as this is a daily driver. Level. Holds its towing and hauling capacity as it is used to haul a car trailer sometimes for some distance. Not cheap but not the best. hes looking around 2-3k installed it sounds like. it has flairs and will be getting new rims and tires probably after this is done. 

What are some decent brands, places to buy from, shops in the iowa/illinois area along I-80, and things to watch for or that need to be included. it is all the time AWD so do cv axles or pinion angle need to be adjusted at a 4-6" lift?

just any general help here would be great and maybe some pics from people who have this truck and how it drives, handles, ease of install, etc

Thank you

If you need more details please ask

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

I recommend checking out gmfullsize.com as youre more likely to have a larger crowd to provide answers, seeing as this is primarily a car audio forum, and they are an actual truck forum with others whove been looking for the same answers maybe.

I second the CST. Keep in mind a 6” lift and bigger tires will make it feel like a dog unless you re-gear and that’s about $1000 for each end. Pinion angles will all be corrected with the lift blocks which are slightly tapered to adjust for that. Some required an exhaust mod on the front near the driveshaft for clearances. If you can always go uniball, ball joints hate lifts and big tires from my experience.

• 1 month later...

Like mentioned above going with Company's like  BDS, Zone(sister Co. of BDS) or CST you are getting WAY better build parts and the engineering that make them work better under the truck! Cant really speak on CST kits cause I have never installed any, but BDS/Zone, Rough Country, Fabtech, Procomp, Icon, and a few other I have installed! At Custom Trucks Unlimited Texas BDS is primarily the kits we install simply because we dont have to worry about that truck coming back with any issues down the road. 

Most lift company include everything you need in the kit that pertains to that particular lift and design short of wheels tires and alignment. If you have never installed a lift before i highly recommend taking it to a shop, because I have had several trucks towed to my shop in pc's because owner tried to take it on them self. *Note find the lift kit that you want and read ALL the install instructions on said lift and see what needs to be done or special tools that may be needed.   

If i can help PM me?

Archived