Sundown Audio

Hcca 3k losing power at high volume.

Twistedmister

1 hour ago, Twistedmister said:

Do you think one more d925 setup would do it?

No. That amp is really a 4.5k in 3k clothes. Your alternator is fine but you'll need around 250+/- ah of battery reserve total. Minimal. More like 275+. Then you'd be good to go imo. Get an AGM front battery also. Doesn't have to be xs power. Bosch Platinum, duralast Platinum, exide Platinum... How many runs do you have from front battery to the back battery? Go with 2. Out a 300 amp fuse on each power. 2 about a foot or so from the front, 2 about a foot or so from the rear bank. Electrical is crucial for high amperage draw equipment. 

• 1 month later...

DIY Lithium Battery 

Headway 38120hp lithium CELLS OR  LTO CELLS, Build your self a lithium battery

Half the price and the LTO is what Limitless Lithium uses and mI solar from what I here.Headway is good if you want to stay in the 14 volt area and LTO is good if you want to run it in the high 15 volts

80 Ah lithium is plenty to run that amp and the car with your alternator 

I run 60ah lithium, ohio gen 300 amp alternator on my HCCA 8K on 2 hcca 15s and my hole car and voltage dont drop below 14

My buddy has 80Ah on his HCCA 11k on 4 hcca 15s and 300amp Ohio gen alternator and runs his hole van and competes and pulls 156 in a big van 

YOU DO NOT NEED 250AH, IT WILL HELP SURE BUT I WOULD GO LITHIUM AND BUY 40AH AND SEE IF THAT HELPS.

Check out Facebook there is tons of groups 

Archived