Sundown Audio

Hcca 3k losing power at high volume.

Twistedmister

So I'm listening to music and dialing in the max I can give my subs.  I just installed an hcca 3k woth 3 skar evls, and everything is fine.  Then from one song to the next I have very little bass.  If I turn it down the bass cones back. If I turn it up bass goes minimal.  Not completely gone.  Sounds like I have less than 1 sub.  Been running the system for a few days with no issues.   I have:

250amp alt

Regular front battery.  Not sure what 

A power xs 925 for the back 

3 runs of 1/0 gauge from second battery to amp all fused. And 3 runs of 1/0 ground to amp.  2 from battery 1 from fat seat belt all ground down and shiny.   Any ideas?  Could it be a loose... something that's interrupting power draw?  Tia fir any help. 

You're dropping the voltage on that "HIGH CURRENT COMPETITION AMPLIFIER" into the danger zone guarantee it. I have an XTR 2500.1dz and I need a xs xp3000 minimal in the back and another AGM up front. You need more reserve bro. A lot more. Get your battery bank up. 

Did you do the Big 3?

Also, do you have a 1/0 run from the from battery positive to the back battery positive?

Get rid of that seat belt buckle ground and find something on the frame -- make sure the metal is bare and sanded down.

3 runs of 1/0 from the rear batt to the amp is way overkill unless I am missing something.

What impedance are you running the amp at?

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

25 minutes ago, finkster said:

3 runs of 1/0 from the rear batt to the amp is way overkill unless I am missing something.

His particular amp has 3 power and ground inputs.

So my front fuse popped.  So it was running on the rear battery alone.  I forgot to up the amps on my front fuse when I switched out the amp.  But I am dropping below 12 sometimes on the rear battery. Sometimes.   So I'm going to get a bigger one.   I wish the made a big low profile one like the 925.   And the bolts actually hold the rear row of seats on.  So I'm going to double check but that should be frame.   Thanks for the help guys.  :)

8 hours ago, DiBo said:

You're dropping the voltage on that "HIGH CURRENT COMPETITION AMPLIFIER" into the danger zone guarantee it. I have an XTR 2500.1dz and I need a xs xp3000 minimal in the back and another AGM up front. You need more reserve bro. A lot more. Get your battery bank up. 

Do you think one more d925 setup would do it?

Archived